USTA Serves awards scholarships to high school seniors who:
- Demonstrate academic achievement
- Perform community/volunteer service
- Participate in organized youth tennis program
- Demonstrate financial need
College scholarships offered include:
- Applications must be submitted via the USTA Serves, Inc. online application link.
- Applicants may apply for all of the indicated scholarships; however, individuals will not be awarded more than one scholarship.
- All applications and submitted materials become the property of USTA Serves and will not be returned.
- Recipients will be notified of acceptance in writing and will be required to return an official acceptance form, which will be provided by USTA Serves. Additionally, a list of winning recipients will be posted on the USTA Serves website www.ustaserves.com no later than June 21, 2014.
- Applicants awarded a scholarship will be required to submit a photograph of self; which USTA Serves will use for various publication announcements and/or annual report.
- Each recipient of a USTA Serves scholarship is expected to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student as defined by his/her undergraduate institution, no later than the opening fall semester or term after notice of selection for the scholarship.
- Applicants receiving full grant and aid scholarships in the sport of tennis from their respective schools are not eligible for a USTA Serves scholarship.
If circumstances arise whereby an award recipient is unable to enroll or is unable to use the award in the opening fall semester or term after notice of his/her selection, the recipient must submit a written request for deferment. Each request will be reviewed and determined on a case-by-case basis. Failure of a recipient to obtain approval from the USTA Serves to change or delay the use of the scholarship will lead to forfeiture of his/her right to the scholarship.
Scholarships that are payable over four years require the completion of a verification form, which will be provided by USTA Serves, attesting that they are enrolled in good standing. A copy of their college transcript must also be provided.
Should a scholarship recipient wish to transfer to another college or university, a written request must be submitted to the USTA Serves Scholarship Committee, along with a current transcript confirming that they are in good standing. Each request will be reviewed and determined on a case-by-case basis.